About Aspire Foundation
Aspire Foundation Inc. is a non-profit organization that was started in 2018 to simply give children from all walks of life opportunities to recognize and optimize their potential.
- Total of Books Given Away to Date:
- Total children enrolled in DPIL to Date:
Dolly Parton Imagination Library: Aspire Foundation has partnered with the Dolly Parton Imagination Library to provide free high-quality books to children from all walks of life. These books are personalized with your child’s name and mailed every month directly to your home to create an experience that makes books exciting.
The Imagination Library is a large, multi-national, and reputable book gifting program for children from birth to five, at which time they graduate the program with a home library of up to sixty books. Books are chosen by childhood experts that are developmentally appropriate for each age and are mailed from Penguin Random House. The program is available to all children meeting the residency requirements of the local program, in this case within 24504 and 24501; the accessibility of this program lead to its receiving the Best Practice Award from the U.S. Library of Congress for addressing social barriers to literacy.
Increasing access to reading and books from birth through DPIL.
- Fewer than half of young children in the U.S. are read to daily. This drops even lower to 36% among low-income families.
- 1 in 6 children who are not reading proficiently in the third grade do not graduate from high school on time, a rate four-times greater than that for proficient readers. This rate is higher in children from low-income families and rural areas.
- Having books in the home is twice as important as the father’s education level for social mobility.
- The ratio of children to books in low-income areas is 300:1